When the Recolor Some Textures setting is enabled, some of the in-game textures can be recolored. The seed generator has the ability to recolor most playable characters, many non-playable characters, most Heartless, and most Nobodies (including bosses).
Due to the way textures are applied, this option will only work properly when using Panacea for loading mods into the PC Epic Games Store version of the game.
Texture Recolor Settings
From the Cosmetics tab use the Texture Recolor Settings button to open the window for configuring texture colors. The window contains several settings, as well as a sample of the original texture and a preview of the recolored texture.
Presets - Contains options for setting all colors to vanilla, all colors to random, as well as the ability to save and load presets similar to presets for seed settings.
Category - Contains options to set colors for all models in the selected category to vanilla or random.
Area To Color
Category - Can be used to filter the models available for selection.
Model - Chooses the model for which to edit colors.
Area - Chooses the area within the selected model for coloring.
Color to Use
Setting - Chooses how to color the selected area of the selected model.
- Vanilla - Do not recolor this area.
- Randomized - Choose a random color for this area each time a seed (or cosmetics-only mod) is generated.
- Custom - Use a specific color for this area.
Color Hue - Chooses the color hue (0-360) to use to color the selected color area of the selected model. Only applicable when the color Setting is Custom.
General estimates of hue values:
- 0 - Red
- 60 - Yellow
- 120 - Green
- 180 - Cyan
- 240 - Blue
- 270 - Purple
- 330 - Pink
- Coloring the textures is done by applying color hues to the base game textures found in your extracted game files. Because of this, texture coloring is only available if you have extracted your KH2 game files using OpenKH Mods Manager.
- Texture coloring will cause seeds (or cosmetics-only mods) to take longer to generate, relative to the number of recolored textures. However, the generator stores off copies of each recolored texture it creates to speed up future generations. So over time, the generation speed will improve.
- Previously generated texture recolors are kept in a
cache/texture-recolorsfolder next to where the seed generator is located. This folder can be safely deleted for disk space concerns, but as described above, doing so will cause seeds with texture recoloring enabled to take longer to generate.